Full name : Anand Kumar
Birth date : January 1, 1973
Birthplace : Patna, Bihar
Education : Government School
Occupation : Mathematician
Religion : Hinduism
Anand Kumar is an Indian mathematician and columnist who grew up in Patna, Bihar. He is well known for his super 30 class, which started in Patna, Bihar. Prepares economically backward students for IIT-JEE for the entrance exam to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT).
Early life and qualification
- Anand is son of an (Clerk) employee of the post office,
- He studied at a middle Hindu government school where he regained his deep interest in mathematics.
- Although Anand was admitted to the University of Cambridge, he was unable to examine the studies there due to his father’s death and monetary status.
- Kumar studied math during the day and sold papads at night with his mother to earn bread and butter for his family.
- To earn extra money, he was a mentor to students in mathematics.
- As the Patna University library had no foreign magazines, for his own study, he would travel every weekend on a six-hour train ride to Varanasi, where his younger brother, who was learning violin with N. Rajam, had A room in the hostel.
- He rented a classroom for Rs 500 per month and started his own institute, the Ramanujam School of Mathematics (RSM).
- his class grew from two students to thirty-six,
- after three years there were almost 500 students enrolled.
early 2000, when a poor student went to him for training for IIT-JEE, who could not pay the annual admission fee due to poverty, Kumar was motivated to start the Super 30 program in 2003, to which is now well-known.
Every year in August, since 2003, the Ramanujan School of Mathematics, now a trust, conducts a competitive test to select 30 students for the “Super 30” scheme.
- Around 4,000 to 5,000 students appear on the exam, and finally it takes thirty intelligent students from economically backward sections that include beggars, street vendors, children of car drivers, tutors, and provides study and accommodation materials for one year.
- It prepares them for the joint entrance exam of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT).Anand mother, Jayanti Devi, cooks for the students, and his brother Pranav Kumar takes care of the management.
- 270 students who were tutor from 2002-2011, 236 students have entered the IIT. All of them came from such a poor environment that their parents were Hawkers, car drivers, workers, etc. During 2003-2009, 182 students of 210 arrived at the IIT. In 2010, all Super 30 students cleared the IIT JEE entry, which made it a three in a row for the institution.
His work is now well received from all over the world. The president of the United States, Obama, read about Anand in TIME magazine and sent a special envoy to verify the work done by him and offered him all the help and Anand never accepts help regardless of his help.
Discovery Channel aired an hour-long program on Super 30, and half a page was dedicated to Kumar in The New York Times.
To quote Anand about the business strategy, “Start the business with any amount of money you have and try to avoid getting help from people. I have never even received monetary help from someone I was receiving offers not only from the Bihar government but from the big business magnates. While I am thankful to everyone who approached me with help, I am pursuing my love for mathematics. “
Objective of Super 30
- The main objective of Super 30 is to track the talented students from economically impoverished sections and hone their skills by providing an enabling environment. Talent knows no limits. It is everywhere. All you need is to detect talent and nurture it to flourish. Super 30 has done exactly that in the last six years and the results have been encouraging.
- Talented students have received quality teaching and an open environment to realize their full potential.
- Students should not be harmed by the financial limitations of their families. If they have it in them, Super 30 is there to guide them where they belong, but they may not reach the lack of resources.
- The mission of Super 30 is to help more and more students from economically poor sections reach the IIT.
Having trained students for six years, Anand has realized the importance of “catching them young.” He wants to start the talent search a little before the Plus Two stage. If talented students are seen at the school level, it can work wonders.
Over the past few years, there have been repeated success stories over and over again and most of the times 27-28 of Anand Kumar Super 30 have reached the IIT date. The country is proud of you. Goddess Saraswati is also proud of you!
Anand Kumar Awards:
- In 2010, Anand Kumar’s Super 30 was included in TIME’s Magazine’s Best Institution in Asia.
- I also recorded the “Limca Book of Records” for good work like Anand’s name Super 30.
- Anand has also received many awards from the Indian government.
- Bihar Govt. “Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Award”, “Ramanujan Award” is also included.
Hrithik Roshan will role play the mathematician and super 30 Movie
Hrithik Roshan to play mathematician and super 30 helmer Anand Kumarin Vikas Bahl directed biopic? Now the news has come that Professor Anand Kumar will play the character of Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan.